WHAT IS ABUSE?
Abuse is any behavior used to control, manipulate or injure someone. It can include physical violence, emotional abuse, verbal threats or financial and sexual control. If your partner repeatedly does any of the following, call 705-746-4800 or 1-800-461-1707
- Pushing, hitting, slapping, choking, kicking or biting.
- Threats towards you, your children, your family or pets.
- Using, or threatening to use, a weapon against you.
- Keeping or taking your paycheque and controlling financial resources.
- Putting you down, insulting you, or blaming you.
- Threatening suicide if you leave.
- Forcing or pressuring you into sex.
- Keeping you from seeing family or friends, or going to work.
Abuse is never ok. Asking for help is…
Our Counsellors are on duty and ready to help 24 hours a day. 1-800-461-1707.